Sunday, September 26, 2010

Part III: The Battle of Bosworth Field, Henry Tudor

After many years of fighting
Between the Lancastrians and the Yorks
There came a day,
A fateful day,
Where things would finally end. [1]

The Battle of Bosworth Field was this day.
Where I, Henry Tudor, with my army of 5,000 men
Came to meet King Richard III.
We were vastly outnumbered, 10,000 to 5,000,
But we would never give up.

King Richard was an evil man.
He was not fit to be king.
He was evil in his ways,
Sly, two-faced, and mean.
It was I who needed to take him down.

I would be a good king
Kind, loving, and fair.
Unlike King Richard,
I would bring my people harmony,
Instead of torment and despair. [2]

So I brought my army of 5,000 men.
We were ready for a fight.
We knew we might have to give up our life
But we were ready to make that sacrifice
For our country and it's people.

We came to the bottom of the hill
And what a sight did we see
Above us stood the Kings army
An imposing group of men.
But we would not lose hope.

We moved forward up the hill
Rushing to attack our foes
Showers of arrows and canons came flying down
But we pressed onward anyway
The battle had begun. [3]

It was a bloody battle
With slaying and slicing all around
My men faired well against the mighty king
We only lost a hundred
While we killed 1,000.

King Richard joined the battle
He came down with a vengeance
Ready to attack
But we would not let him in
Near enough to penetrate our camp.[4]

Richard was slain at Sandeford
His head chopped off his neck.
Without their leader the King's army was a wreck.
They could not fight us back.
Finally the battle had come to an end [5]

I was the champion,
The victor, conquerer, and vanquisher.
I had won the battle, that I should've lost.
My foe was now deceased.
I would be the King of England.


[1] Region, By. "Book 1, Ch. 7 - Henry VII and Henry VIII | British History Online." British History Online. Web. 26 Sept. 2010. <http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46724&strquery=Battle of Bosworth#s2>.

[2] "Richard III Society- Bosworth Sources, Foreign." Richard III Society - American Branch. Web. 26 Sept. 2010. <http://www.r3.org/bosworth/chron3.html>.

[3] "Richard III Society-Bosworth, Independent English Reporters." Richard III Society - American Branch. Web. 26 Sept. 2010. <http://www.r3.org/bosworth/chron2.html>.

[4] "Richard III Society- The Ballad of Bosworth Field." Richard III Society - American Branch. Web. 26 Sept. 2010. <http://www.r3.org/bosworth/ballad.html>

[5] "Richard III Society-Bosworth, Government Sources and Common Intelligence." Richard III Society - American Branch. Web. 26 Sept. 2010. <http://www.r3.org/bosworth/chron1.html>.

1 comment: